The two best ways of protecting vehicles against rust – Nilrust Chemical Rustproofing treatments or Nilrust Electronic Corrosion Control Systems (NECCS). Nilrust specialises in both rustproofing applications but this month we’re looking at the benefits of Nilrust Bottomside and Nilrust Topside – our chemical rustproofing applications.
Chemical rustproofing treatments work by spraying the exposed metal on vehicles with a hard yet flexible coating, which acts as a protective layer against rust. Car manufacturers do not do this before vehicles leave the factory – so NO vehicle is immune to corrosion.
Small chips from stones and debris on the road can expose metal surfaces to rust. Chemical rustproofing works as a protective coating to STOP rust from forming and retard any further oxidation of existing rust.
Chemical rustproofing has two components – Bottomside and Topside protection. Nilrust Bottomside is a bitumen based anti-corrosive treatment, which is applied to the underbody of the vehicle – with exception to the exhaust and some fitted accessories.
Nilrust Topside, an anti-corrosive cavity wax treatment is sprayed into the doors, sills and panels including the boot and bonnet. Your customers can choose to do just one treatment – but for the best protection, we recommend both.
Nilrust knows rust – we’ve specialised in rustproofing since 1980. If you’d like to learn more call us on (07) 5559 2525 or contact us via email at email@example.com.
Nilrust Bottomside Rustproofing is a highly advanced chemical compound, which is applied to the underbody of a vehicles. It penetrates “hard-to-reach” seams and joints to prevent corrosion. The flexible protective coating also seals out air and moisture and other corrosion forming compounds. It STOPS rust from forming on vulnerable areas, including the chassis and vital safety components.
- Protects underbody against rust, corrosion and oxidation.
- No use of harmful or recycled solvents or mineral turps.
- Product is easy to spray & apply in workshops.
- Won’t become brittle, chip or flake.
- Used throughout Australia, extensively for commercial and mining vehicles and 4WD enthusiasts.
- Tried and tested since 1980 in some of Australia’s toughest conditions, including beach running, boat launching, off-road driving and the mining and agriculture industries.
- Highly resistant to salt spray and other corrosive chemicals.
- Made in Australia and meets Australian Standards for thickness and chemical specifications
- A water-based product is also available.
- New vehicles covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty. New commercial, 4WD and used vehicles covered for five-years. (* All vehicles are subject to annual inspections by a qualified Nilrust technician.)
How it Works
- Bonds to the surface it’s applied to and sets extremely hard whilst still maintaining some flex.
- Apply using an airless pressure spray. E.G. A Schutz gun or other, which does not dilute the coating with air.
- Specifically manufactured to protect the underbody of vehicles – including the chassis and vital safety parts.
- The product is a thixotropic, black-brown material, based on selected organo-metallic complexes, waxes, oils and bitumen, drying by solvent evaporation, to give a tough protective coating.
- Gives an excellent atomisation with fogging attachment, particularly for low pressure systems.
- Contains rust curers which ensure any existing surface rust is “fixed”; as well as rust inhibitors, to prevent the formation of any new rust.
- Typical application requires approximately 2.5 Litres of product for a full coverage of the underside of a small to medium passenger sedans. Up to 6 Litres is required for Landcruiser sized vehicles.
- Flow ceases within 30 minutes under normal conditions, dry within 8 hours but full curing time will take several days depending on thickness of film and drying conditions.
Nilrust Topside Rustproofing is an anti-corrosion product that is applied to the upper body sections and concealed box sections of vehicles, including inside the doors and body panels. It’s a thixotropic, semi-transparent material, whilst being as thin as possible to ensure it travels thoroughly through the cracks and joins in the upper body panels of vehicles. When the product sets, it maintains a tacky feel and is known as self-healing.
- Protects internal cavities against rust, corrosion & oxidation.
- Meets Australian Standards for thickness and chemical specifications.
- Made in Australia for Australian conditions.
- Does not use harmful or recycled solvents or mineral turps.
- A tried & tested product.
- A water-based product is also available – takes approximately three times longer to set.
- New vehicles covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty. New commercial, 4WD and used vehicles covered from five-years. (* All vehicles are subject to annual inspections by a qualified Nilrust technician.)
How it Works
- Applied to the upper body section and concealed box sections of vehicles, including inside the doors and body panels.
- A thixotropic, semi-transparent material, based on selected organo-metallic complexes, waxes and oils, drying by solvent evaporation, to give a soft protective coating.
- Typical application requires approximately 1.5 Litres of product for a small to medium passenger vehicle. Up to 4 Litres is required for Landcruiser sized vehicles.
- Flow ceases within 30 minutes under normal conditions, but full curing will take several days depending on thickness of film and drying conditions.
- Formulated to give excellent atomisation with a fogging attachment, particularly with low pressure systems, and good seem penetration.