It might be a regular Saturday morning ritual but washing vehicles in hot weather can ruin paintwork.
In direct sunlight, soap dries quickly and can leave unwelcome spots and streaks. Heat and sunlight can also accelerate damage from dirt, oil and other substances if not removed with regular washing.
Our easy-to-use Nilrust Gift Pack includes everything you need to wash your vehicle safely all year round. Following these simple steps will protect your paint job and keep the exterior of your vehicle shiny and spotless.
Here’s our washing guide using Nilrust’s must have car care products:
- Never wash vehicles in direct sunlight. Check the forecast before washing vehicles with Nilrust products Early in the morning or late in the evening after the sun begins to set are ideal washing times. If vehicles must be washed during the hottest time of the day, ensure you park in the shade.
- Make sure your Nilrust Gift Pack on hand and ready for use. Dilate 10ml of Nilrust Heavy Duty Carwash per 5 Litres of clean water in a bucket.
- Before applying Nilrust Heavy Duty Carwash spray the vehicle generously with water. This helps lower the surface temperature of the vehicle and helps the soap to dry slower – leaving less water marks.
- Wash the vehicle with Nilrust Heavy Duty Carwash in small sections. Using the microfiber glove apply the wash liberally over the paintwork working from the roof down. Work your way around the vehicle one section at a time. Reapply water to each section before washing with carwash.
- Hose down the entire car working from top to bottom and thoroughly wet the whole surface. Don’t forget to re-wet the surface regularly as you clean the vehicle to stop any water stains as it dries.
- To revive and maintain the Nilrust Enduroshield Paint Protection, apply Nilrust Endurolife Gloss Revitaliser (Pink Wash) at least every six months. Nilrust Endurolife is chemically engineered to revitalise, add, and bond the paint protection on the paintwork. Dilate 10ml of Nilrust Endurolife per 5 Litres of clean water in a bucket. Sponge onto a cool vehicle and ensure full coverage. Thoroughly rinse the vehicle using a hose, and then dry and polish using a soft, clean cloth. To maintain mirror-finish Endurolife should be applied every six months after initial treatment with Nilrust Enduroshield Paint Protection. Failure to do so will void warranty.
- Finally, wash away stubborn bug, tar and tough road grime using Nilrust Bug-N-Tar. It dissolves asphalt, bitumen and natural insect wax and gives all-round performance. Apply the remover directly to the area to be treated by either dabbing or spraying it onto the stains. Then wipe off with a soft cloth or sponge. For heavy deposits leave for 15 minutes and then wipe off.
- Dry the vehicle off with a soft cloth or towel as soon as possible to avoid water spots.